Every New Year’s Eve day is “National Champagne Day.” Makes perfect sense to us. Are you prepared? Do you know what bottle to pick up for your festivities? Do you know the variety of locations your bottle may originate from and the resulting difference in flavor profiles? Don’t know where to start?
Well, champagne is often associated with celebrations or special occasions. Therefore, treat it artfully, from selecting to pouring and pairing. To make it easy for any novice champagne drinker or party host, here are a few of our favorite studies from champagne experts to review before making a selection:
- Wine Folly – 7 Top Champagne Brands and Alternatives
- About.com – Weddings – Top 10 Inexpensive Champagnes and Sparkling Ciders
- The Stir – Best Champagnes Under $25: Surprising Taste Test Results!
- Wiki How – How to Serve Champagne
- Good Housekeeping – How to Uncork Champagne
Most importantly: enjoy the bubbles and high acidity of champagne. It’s highly refreshing. Don’t forget the strawberries!